Happy 1st Birthday, Redding!

It's your Birthday, sweet boy! You're a whole year old. It makes this mama proud and a little sad that you've become a "big boy," and I can't say you're "so many months" old anymore. One whole year has passed since that wonderful day when we set eyes on the most beautiful thing we'd ever seen- our miracle- YOU! We immediately realized that something really tiny can consume your entire heart. You were ours. A gift from the Lord, placed in our hands to nurture and love. We knew it would change our lives, but we never knew how much. We never knew that no matter how early it was and how tired we were, one smile from you was all it took to keep us going. It has brought a newness to everything we see and touch. To experience how beautiful and amazing everything is through the eyes of an innocent child is so refreshing to watch and experience. You don't know hate or ugliness or judgement. You love everyone you meet and you enjoy every second from sun up to sun down. You have the best personality, sneaking in surprise kisses and being super mischievous. You love to snuggle with me, and I wish I could bottle up all those moments when you do, because there are no words for how that makes me feel.  Some people say they can't imagine life before their children, and while I don't wish to have that back, I do remember it and those were special times too. Times that molded your daddy and me into the parents we are. Times that helped us to get to the point where we were ready for you. We had fun before you, but this life and these times are full of pure JOY---a much different, deeper life that has pushed us beyond what we even knew we were capable of. Because of this precious day one year ago, we have experienced what it feels like to love your own child... a love like no other. Every single second of your life here on earth has been absolutely amazing, and we are so thankful for you. When you smile or laugh, or even when you cry, I melt. I never knew how much I could love or sacrifice. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you. I would gladly sacrifice all I had, all I ever wanted, or my very life for you, my sweet child. You have made us so proud and happy, and we will spend the rest of our lives loving you. We may not be able to give you everything you want (in fact, we don't  want to give you everything you want), we will probably fail you a lot, we will make you mad, and you will not always understand what we do or decide, but never ever forget the love that we have for you. That, sweet boy, will always exist. You will always be loved by us. And when we fail you, and when we are gone, remember...you have a savior, Jesus, and his love never fails or goes away. I pray for you and love you always. Happy 1st Birthday, Redding! Today is all about celebrating you! 

Comments

Popular Posts