A Better Me

2014 has come and gone in a serious blaze of glory. It has been remarkable, and that is putting it lightly. I cannot begin to describe how awesome this year has been, bringing us the joy of becoming parents. I spent most of the year pregnant, experiencing baby kicks and enjoying food in a way I've never enjoyed it before! In October, we welcomed Redding into our lives and felt the love for a child that simply cannot be matched or measured. It was the single most amazing experience we have ever had, and just when we feel like our hearts cannot hold any more love for him, it grows even more with each new day. This year has brought a new love for my husband as I've watched him grow into an amazing father, and our marriage has been tested as we tackled sleepless nights and a new routine. Like always, we've come out on top, putting our love and marriage first and working as a team. We sold our house at the end of this year and we're starting the new year in a new place. It will truly be hard for 2015 to top what we've experienced in 2014, but hey, I'm up for seeing what it may hold! Each year at this time, I always like to reflect upon the previous year and anticipate what is next. I always try to set goals with hopes of becoming a better me. This year I've really questioned what that really means...to be "better." For me, being better I'm 2015 means that I will show love more selflessly. I don't mean that I will spend my time handing out food to the needy (although I do hope to find more ways to serve), but the simple act of showing kindness and compassion to those I encounter on a daily basis... More time with my husband and son, more conversations, more compassion, more little acts of kindness, more memories made with my friends and family. Less time on my phone and on the go and more focusing on those people who matter the most to me. I want to live on deeper level than I've ever lived before, and by showing kindness and love to those I encounter, I hope to experience the greatest joy we can attain here on earth...just by simply loving on other people. I want to send more cards, give more hugs, make more visits, sit down for more dinners, and really get to know people. In 2015, I hope to serve the Lord, and what a huge ability we have to do that by loving and serving others! It is something we all can do. It's easy and really requires no special talent. We are all capable of kindness and love. I can't wait to see what you have 2015... And I can't wait to give back! Spread a little love, people...this world could use some! 

Comments

Popular Posts