Saying Goodbye

Well, the day has come...we sell our house today, and let's just say I'm a little emotional. There are so many feelings I'm experiencing. I'm excited about our new adventure and can't wait to see what our future holds, but we have made many great memories here... ones that will not be forgotten. When we bought this house, we thought we would be here forever, but after being here a few years, we decided we wanted something different in another location, so while we figure that out, we will be living in Nate's grandmother's rental house. It will give us some time to figure out exactly what we want (and where) and also allow us an awesome opportunity to save money so we can give Redding a better life. We've found we would rather spend money on making more memories instead of dishing it all into our home. All that being said, this has been our home. I'll never forget coming straight here after the closing, eating Chicken Express on the tailgate of Nate's truck, and then immediately ripping up the carpet. The renovation had begun. We spent countless hours making this house our home, and while it was stressful at times, some of my favorite times with my husband were spent working in the yards here, canning jam and vegetables. We learned a lot about house repairs, gardening, and old houses. We pruned scuppernong vines, learned how to care for Hasta, and spent many hours with our hands in the dirt. What an amazing experience it has been. It's been a joy to grow in our marriage here. This property hosted many epic events including the breast cancer benefit concert for my sweet sister in law, my best friend Ashley's engagement shower, the first annual "Hunt for a Cure" Easter egg hunt, many parties and family gatherings, and it's the place we brought Redding home to. Nate and I laughed here a lot and cried some to. We made it ours. We lived in this house... we really lived. These walls held so much love inside them, and we surely will not forget all the memories we have made and what a blessing this place has been for us. At the end of the day, though, home is where your family is. I've got my husband and my little man, and that's all that matters. We will make memories in a new home. Goodbye Rock Quarry...it's been real. 
First photo when we purchased the home in 2012

Comments

Popular Posts