Broad River Boy's School

 Yep! We have a name...and a blog. It's a lot for one week here in the woods! We started our homeschool journey this week. I've decided to go with a year-round model, because it gives us the opportunity to avoid the "summer slide," have more frequent breaks, and also just allow for more flexibility. 

For any newcomers or for those who just have no idea what we are even doing (I'm not sure I really even know anymore), we have moved! We sold our house in our hometown, and it closed last week. It was super hard for me, but what started as whisper from the Lord became something I could no longer ignore. My heart's desire to be with my boys, coupled with the fact that we had somewhere to go if we sold, made the decision pretty clear. Being at the lake for now was a way for me to be home with them and not work for a while. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to do this, so I feel ungrateful saying that it came with a great deal of difficulty, but it did. MC is home, and leaving the community where we were comfortable was hard... heartbreaking, even. I also loved my job and the people I worked with, so leaving Ila was really tough as well. I guess you could say that this was the first time in life that I felt such a conflict with my comfort zone and what God was asking of me. I wanted to be home, but I didn't realize it would come with such major changes (and all at once). We moved to our lake house, and it is wonderful...every kid's dream, in fact. It's just in the middle of nowhere, and it is an adjustment for sure. I feel like it is going really well so far. We are 3 weeks in and slowly getting things settled. Many have asked what the plan is, and honestly the plan is for me to be home and love my family well. To give them all I have and plant seeds in their tiny hearts to know and love Jesus. I was becoming more and more convicted as a mother, particularly after Boone arrived, and I knew God was calling me to invest all that I had into my home and family right now. We don't know if I will be home one year or twenty
, but I do know that at this moment, we have followed God's calling on our life right, and that brings us a peace that is so much more than the doubts I allow to creep in sometimes. 

So, here we are...the Broad River Boy's School- The "Bobcats." We're on day 2 of school and we have already caught a brim, killed a bear, and gotten a real good sunburn. We didn't actually kill a bear, but Shep has been telling everyone that. 


I hope you will join us on this journey. You can be sure it will be filled with lots of great stories provided by the 3 funniest boys you've ever met. May God be with us all. It's going to be a wild ride!

Comments

Popular Posts